Us

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kid's Story

Title: Sunny Day’s Happy Day of Sounds
By Peggy June
Read by Shae D’lyn
Painting by Lauren Brittany

  


The sunny day looked at the babbling brook below. She loved the sound the water made as it rolled over the stones, under plants, and through the toes of little girls and boys who were sitting on the grassy bank.

"How do you make that sound, Babbling Brook?" asked Sunny Day.

"My sound? Hmmm….I don’t know. I don’t really try to make it. I just let myself roll and when I come to something in my path, the sound of us just mixes together. Isn’t it great?"

"It is terrific," said Sunny Day. "One of the things I like best about being me is getting to hear the quiet sounds of Nature. I could listen to you all day, Babbling Brook."

"Thank you very much, Sunny Day," said Babbling Brook. He was very happy to have been paid such a compliment and he stored it in his memory to think about it later. He rolled on very joyfully.

Sunny Day then heard a bee buzzing as he gathered nectar from beautiful flowers. "I really like the sound of your buzz," said Sunny Day. "It is very comforting to hear your steady hum. How do you do that?"

"My body has to be warm to keep working, and my sound is made when I flex my muscles and rub my wings together. Then I can fly and gather nectar. My sound is the steady sound of work. I’m glad you like it." Honey Bee flew even faster to show off a little for Sunny Day.

Sunny Day heard a mockingbird sing a beautiful song. "Oh, my goodness, how do you make that sound? That is so pretty!" exclaimed Sunny Day.

"Thank you," said Mr. Mockingbird. "I don’t really know. I just think a happy thought, decide to tell someone about it, and open my beak. My song just comes out and even I am amazed sometimes at how nice it sounds."

Sunny Day heard some little children laughing as they played on the grass. They were having a picnic. The sound of their laughter just made Sunny Day so happy her rays shone down brighter than ever. "How do you laugh like that?" asked Sunny Day. "I just love to hear you laugh."

The children giggled. One little boy said, "I never thought about how I made my laughing sound. When something is funny, my laugh just comes out, like water out of a hose. It is fun to laugh, though. I know that much."

As Sunny Day was turning into a beautiful sunset, she looked down at the brook, and the bee, and the bird and the children, and thought how lucky she was to hear their music. And she could hardly wait to wake up in the morning and hear it all over again.


No comments:

Unappreciated